Wednesday, December 28, 2011

17 weeks! YIKES!!

So it has been a little while since I have updated my blog. The truth is right now I am freakin out! Maybe not really but kindof. This is around the time that we have miscarried both times. First time was around 16 weeks and second time was 17 weeks. So far I am still pregnant. My doctor has taken me off work but I might be able to go back after my next appointment. So far everything looks really good. The baby is growing like he is suppose to and moving around like crazy! I haven't felt him yet but when we watch him on the ultrasounds he is doing flips and kicking and waving his little hands everywhere:) It is fun to watch. I kindof wish I had an ultrasound machine at home so I could just watch him! My cervix has gotten a little bit shorter but they said it isn't at a dangerous length yet. We sort of expected my cervix to get shorter just because that is what has happened in the past but this time we were prepared with a cerclage. As long as we don't shrink so much that it gets to that stitch we should be ok. My doctor is awesome and is keeping a great eye on me. I have everyone at the doctors office rooting for us it is kindof fun:)  I have battled some serious colds this year which hasn't made being pregnant any easier. I didn't know that one person could produce so much snot!
Something that I have been thinkin about lately is the fact that I don't really know how to be pregnant after 17 weeks. I feel like these first 17 weeks I am a pro at it. Ok so not really a pro but I at least know what to expect. All the symptoms that I have experienced I was expecting to happen. Like any new mother to be, every time I get pregnant I pull out the baby books. I have read the first few chapters of each of them like a million times but I don't really know what happens next. So obviously I am going to get bigger but that is about all I know. I am a little nervous about this but at the same time really excited to move on to something new! It will be nice to move on to the next chapter of my baby books! Thanks for reading! See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment