Sunday, December 4, 2011

I wanna know..........

Well this has definately been a crazy week. I had to have surgery on Monday. I had a cerclage done. That is where they stitch your cervix to try and prevent early pregnancy. It is/was weird. I was awake through the entire procedure, which is an experience in and of itself. They gave me what they call a spinal. It is done the same way as an epidural. They inject medicine into your back to numb you from the waist down. This is apparently a common way for women to tolerate the pain of labor. It is horrible! I didn't like it when I had an epidural during the first miscarriage and I definately didn't like it this time. I don't like not being able to feel my legs. I guess it was better than being able to feel them stitch.  The doctor that performed the surgery told us before it started that about 1 in 100 women will suffer from so much pain that they have to stay in the hospital. My surgery started at 12:30 pm. We didn't go home until almost 8:30 pm and they had set up a room for me to stay. I always have to be that 1 in 100. When the medicine wore off it was seriously the worst, most uncomfortable pain. It hurt so bad it made me sick. So they wouldn't let me leave until 1, I could walk again, and 2, that I could go to the bathroom and 3, I stopped throwing up. All of those tasks were hard enough as it was not to mention the horrible pain. I did finally get it together enough to go home. Once I was home the recovery time was quick. By the next morning I was at least up and moving around like normal. It was still a little painful, and believe me, hard to get use to. Now everything is going well. The only time I can feel it or can tell that its even there is if I wait too long to pee and then the pressure causes a little bit of pain. (I try not to do that) The biggest downfall so far is....NO SEX!!! Probably something you all didn't need to know but its my blog:) That is 6 months people!!!! I keep telling myself that it will be worth it when we have the little baby! I have a follow up on Monday to make sure everything is still ok and that we have not developed any infections or anything like that. I am hoping (again) that we will find out if its a boy or girl. We are both pretty anxious to know. I don't have much more to report now. I am still excited and still really nervous. We are coming up on the witching hour, and I am trying to stay as positive as possible. Sometimes it is hard to be positive and realistic at the same time. During our second pregnancy, I kept telling myself that that won't happen again and put it out of my mind. This time I have to remind myself that it is a possibility without making it seem like I am being negative. It is harder to deal with the heartache if you are not prepared for it. I hope my babling isn't too confusing. Anyways, I hope you all have a great week and I will shoot out an update on Monday after my appointment. Thanks for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment