Monday, January 9, 2012

Still Pregnant

Well we are approaching the half way mark:) This makes me incredibly excited! I will be completely honest I didn't think I was gonna make it this far. We did have a bit of a scare the other night but it turned out to be not such a big deal. I was having what I thought were contractions. We figured we would go in and get checked out just to be safe. When they did the ultrasound, they found that my cervix has gotten shorter but still not to a dangerous length. In other words, if I wasn't a high risk pregnancy they wouldn't suspect anything was wrong. They also saw that the cervix had beaked. I am not sure that is how you spell it but it means that the cervix has opened. This is what happens before you start to dilate. For me, it has not opened up to the cerclage yet so we are still ok but we definately have to keep an eye on it. They kept me overnight just to make sure we were not actually going into labor and then let me come home. I am going in for a follow up today, but she said that she was thinking bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. I really don't do well with just laying around all the time. I can't help but get up and do something. It might not be very much but its something. When I was in the hospital, I was going absolutely crazy! I have been writing down some ideas for projects just in case she does say bed rest but I am still a little worried. I will figure it out I am sure.

Going back to the fact that we have nearly made it to 20 weeks! Yay! I am definately starting to look pregnant and not be able to hide it. After a certain point it is impossible to suck it in:) Because my uterus is getting so much bigger it causes some back pain. If I can give any advice to someone who is planning on getting pregnant, it would be to work those core muscles! Abs and back. It will help tremendously I promise. It gets pretty painful at times. I was thinking about taking a picture of how big I was getting but then I felt a little weird. I don't know why. I see people do it all the time. For some reason I just thought it was weird. Maybe in a month or so.

I really want to write more but there are too many other things going on at my house right this minute so I will have to continue later. I will update after my appointment today:)

1 comment:

  1. I don't like pregnancy pics. much. I think I look weird. no obligation. (: glad you are ok. you can call me. I am home all the time. 651-636-0035 I would like talk.

    ReplyDelete